Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In His Word Wednesday- Kindness

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I was reading again today in my mom's bible (as I often do). Mom had so many notes and "goodies" as I call them, in her bible. She was definitely a student and lover of God's Word. Anyhow, next to this verse in Ephesians mom has an asterisk with a note down at the bottom of the page. I just wanted to share it with all of you! The note says this...."Be kind, everyone you meet is facing a battle". Hmm..whether that was just my mom's wonderful insight, or whether she was simply copying down a quote from someone else...It sank in deep today. It is true that everyone is facing a battle of some kind. How far would it go to show a little kindness...even when we don't feel like it. Isn't it true that our spouses and our children are also facing daily battles. How encouraging could a heavy dose of kindness be to them? This was a very convicting thought to me today. I hope it will spur you also onto kindness to all.

Help me Lord to pray for the saints daily, and to show kindness to all in every situation...so that I may not just be a hearer of the Word, but a doer also. Help me to remember that anything I do for others, if it is not done with love....it means nothing! Kindness is a great first step towards love! Join Megan today for more In His Word Wednesday.

1 comment: