Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Steps of Faith- From the East to the West


Today I join Lisa for Saturday Steps of Faith. The idea is to focus on the promises of God in our lives.

This morning as I was working on folding my laundry and listening to some music, I was thinking about Psalm 103:11-12 For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

This is a stunning picture to me of what the sacrifice of my Jesus has done for me. How the sins that I have committed, which are a stench in the nostrils of our Holy God, can be thrown so far from us, that God no longer sees them. It's a concept that our finite minds cannot even fathom. That's how great His mercy towards us is! I love the way that Casting Crowns puts this in their song.


Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west?, cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again. In the arms of your mercy I find rest, cause you know just how far the east is from the west........From one scarred hand to the other!!

There is another part that says that in the arms of your mercy I find rest...because you know just how far the east is from the west....from one scarred hand to the other.

What an awesome thought! Once we have repented of our sins, and accepted the sacrifice that Christ made for us....our sins are cast away, as far as the east is from the west! It is only through the scarred hands of Christ that we can fathom that! We can rest in his mercy, without fear that He will keep bringing up those sins, that is the Satan's job. It is Satan that wants to continue reminding us of our sins. He is the deceiver. He doesn't want us to remember that God has thrown our sins away! I don't know about you, but I don't want Satan to have his way. I want to rest in the knowledge today that my sins have been thrown as far as the east is from the west!
If you are reading this and you don't know how to have your sins thrown away. If you aren't sure how to obtain this mercy and peace.....I would love to share more with you about our savior and what He has done for me.....and what He will do for you dear one! My email is rebabler@comcast.net, if you want to discuss it privately!
Rest in His promise today!


2 comments:

  1. What another wonderful promise God gives us from the psalms. I know then this song is sang during corporate worship you can feel the collective "sighs". I love, love, love your call to share the gospel with others. That is what this world is all about - knowing, serving and glorifying our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we be without that mercy, His forgiveness! Thank you for reminding me of this great promise and for joinging today.
    Blessings ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete