Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Introduction of our family

Let me start by introducing myself and my family. My name is Elizabeth, and I have been married to my wonderful husband Rob for 12 years. We have 7 children. Our oldest, Owen will be 11 years old tomorrow. Then we have Riley who's 9, Ethan who will be 8 in June, Audrey is 5, Elias is 3, Lillian (Lily) is 19 months, and the baby is Donna Jane (Janie) who is 4 months old. We have been homeschooling for 6 years, and this next year we will have 4 that we are schooling.
We enjoy time outside as a family, and reading, and spending time being involved at our church. There are many challenges and joys in having a large family. These are the things I look forward to sharing on this blog. I am interested in the thoughts of others, and the joys and challenges that others are facing in their lives and families.

Today was another exciting day in our household as the boys were able to catch a snake in our backyard, and keep it contained long enough for some good pics. I will share those when I have a chance. I am often amazed at the compassion of my children, not just for animals, but for others, and each other. They have such heart for the downtrodden, whether it is sticking up for the kid who's being made fun of, or rescuing the snakes that get caught on the garden fencing. The love of Christ is shining through them even at such a young age. Now, granted, this love does not always shine through, but for it to be seen at all, I count as nothing short of a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment