Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today is a day of reflection, as we consider, what price has been paid for our freedom. I can't help but think of the ultimate price that was paid for me when Christ died on the cross for my sins. I also think over the many thousands of men that have died for the freedoms that my family enjoys here in America. The freedom to worship, the freedom to speak out on what is important to me (in this blog for example :-)) The freedom to speak out against my government if I don't agree with what they are doing. I praise God that these many men were willing to lay down their lives just for me, much like Christ did. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13. I am priveleged to count the many men and women who have layed down their lives for me as friends.

Today I had a relapse of rejoicing. God chose today to really challenge my ability to rejoice in irritating circumstances. Today we were supposed to go down to my brother's to pick up my dad who had spent the weekend down there. So, we were all working on getting around to go, and my five year old daughter opened the door and went outside to do something with her new friends (the caterpillars). Well, when she opened the door, our dog Jake went out. Now, he has a tendency to do this. He usually runs around the neighborhood, and then comes back in a little bit. So, we waited, and looked a little. No Jake! It was time to leave, and we still couldn't find him. So, it was decided that Rob would stay home and look for Jake further. This really upset me because I didn't want to spend the holiday being seperated! I was upset with Audrey for letting this happen, and I was upset with Jake for running off, and it made me crabby with the kids. So, we drove the hour and a half to my brothers, with me being crabby all the way. Lord, forgive me....I had to say! I was reminded of the post I just wrote on my blog about rejoicing. Didn't the Lord make this day also. While we are remembering the many unselfish men who fought and died for my freedom....I'm crabbing because things didn't go my way. What a sinner I am! By the end of the day we are home together, Jake was found, and I'm grateful to be forgiven and free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment