Saturday, May 30, 2009

Scripture Saturdays!







II Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hello to everyone. I'm feeling a burden in my life to start doing more regular scripture memory. If you read what God tells us through Timothy about the scriptures, then it is obvious that knowing the scriptures is pretty important. My kids memorize scripture, but I tend to be off and on with it. I thought I might like to try something new here on my blog for Saturdays. On Saturdays I would like to share on here a verse that I have been memorizing throughout the week. I would love it if others would do the same. Obviously we could cheat and just type a verse without having to memorize it, but I am using this as a means to keep myself accountable on a weekly basis to be memorizing at least one verse. You may add several if you have memorized several. If you want to discuss the verses and what they mean to you that would be great also. Please join me in this endeavor to memorize more of God's word, and do it on a regular basis!

Since I am just starting this, I will tell you what verse I am going to memorize this week, and then next week, I will hopefully have it memorized, and be able to type it without even looking at it, and tell you why I chose it. My verse for this week will be......I John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

If you want to tell me this week what your verse will be that would be fine, and then next week we will begin just sharing the verse that we have memorized! Productive memorizing to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment