Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Book Worm Wednesdays


Hi everyone! I'd like to start another new series for Wednesdays. I really enjoy focusing on scripture on Wednesdays. However, I would like to hear about any other books that you are all reading over this summer. So, I thought it would be fun to share our reading materials with each other. I don't care if it is a novel, a christian living book, the Bible, or any other kind of book. Join me on Wednesdays and tell me all about the book you are reading, or a book you have already read. Give us the details, and a review of sorts. Do you like the book? Was it worth the time? What did you, or are you learning from it? Any topic.....share it with me. So, if you are reading anything good, or have read something good that you want to share with me, post about it. Give it a review! If you do, stop by and give me your link so that I can check it out, and so can others. If you prefer not to write a post, but just want to share it, then go ahead and share it in my comments! I'm so looking forward to it! Oh...by the way...if you aren't much of a reader, or haven't had time, but your children are, I would LOVE to hear about what your kids are reading too! I'm always looking for good books to pass on to my kids!!
My book that I am reading right now is called When you Rise Up, by R.C. Sproul. I've read it in the past, but I am reading it again. That goes to show you what a good book I think it is. If you are a Christian, and you struggle at all with educational choices, this is a great book to read. If you are a homeschooler, it will invigorate you and your vision for home education. Sproul talks about our purpose for educating our children, and how we should educate our children. His use of scripture is refreshing, and I always go back to this book when I need a pick me up. I hope you get a chance to read this book sometime, I have it on my list of favorites!! Next week, I hope to share some of the books that my kids are reading so.......stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Currently reading books by Mindy Starns Clark. Read her Shadows of Lancaster County and am now reading her Tulip series. Fun to read, lots of cleaning tips in the Tulip series. For a devotional I am starting the Beth Moore book Believeing God. The oldest boys enjoy the Dave Jackson books, historical fiction, and Hank the Cowdog....very funny if you can get it on cd to listen too! Cute blog, looking forward to checking in once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete