Saturday, June 6, 2009

Scripture Memory Saturdays


Little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 1John 3:18.


This is the verse that I memorized for this week. I wanted to memorize this one as a reminder to myself that it's the actions that count as love, not the words. I can tell my husband and my children all day long how much I love them.....but if I'm not willing to back it up with deeds, and truth, then is it really love? I Corinthians tell us no. It is just a clanging symbol. Read 1 Corinthians 13 to refresh your memory about how we can truly show love.

Now, I want to hear about what verse you are memorizing (or passage), and what it means to you, or what you are learning from it. You can blog about it, and leave me a link, or just leave your thoughts here in the comments. If you haven't been memorizing anything, then choose something, and tell me about it, then I want to hear it next Saturday. Let's hide God's Word in our hearts together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment