Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In His Word Wednesday- Kindness


Ephesians 4:29 -32 Let no corrupt word proceed from out of your mouth, but what is good for neccessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Just recently I got myself involved in commenting on someones blog in which the women involved were cursing, swearing, and trying to tear each other to bits over what the woman said on her blog. It was a debate over what's harder, working at home, working outside the home, or just being a stay at home mom like myself. Admittedly, my first reaction was to be upset, and want to calmly put some of these ladies in their place. However, these verses came to my mind. Now, these verses are written for believers, as unbelievers do not have the Holy Spirit within them. So, although I can't hold an ubelieving woman under the same standard as myself...for me it is essential that I choose my words and my attitudes in kindness. I carefully, and kindly presented my opinion. This is often easier said than done, with our children, our husbands, our friends, and other mothers that we connect with through our blogs. It also includes what we post on our blogs, or what we say when we meet with other women. Do we speak with bitterness when we talk to our mommy friends about our husbands? Do we have wrath towards our children when we talk about them? It is my conviction this morning that I want to put all these things away from me. I would like you ladies to hold me accountable for my blog, or if you know me personally, for the things that I speak to others about. I want to be one who speaks in kindness about all things, and to all people, and put any other attitudes away from myself. If you see something that I post, or a comment that I make that doesn't sound kind, let me know. If you ever hear me degrade my husband or my children, or speak unkindly about anyone, let me know. I want to be kind, so that I don't offend the Holy Spirit within me. Thanks for listening to my heart this morning, and head on over to Focusing on the Bible, Family, and the Great Deals for more In His Word Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Great verses and post! This is my desire too!

    Thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete